Consulting Practice Area
“Clients need to be able to see where the emerging risks are coming from, rather than reacting after the event. New technologies can facilitate that.”
New Link Consulting recognises that all control functions are buffeted by the winds of change, whether through regulation, external events or an organisation’s appetite for risk. However, we believe that such functions must embrace the opportunities and challenges that technology offers to keep ahead of the change curve.
The control functions need to be able to see where the emerging risks are coming from, rather than reacting after the event. New technologies can facilitate that. Artificial Intelligence (‘AI’) and the utilisation of Predictive Analytics is now commonplace and Robotics are increasingly being harnessed to perform roles in processing and operating controls that have previously been completed by individuals.
What We Do
New Link Consulting’s Non-Financial Risk Practice is driven by experienced, practitioner-led business consultants, focusing on risks arising from employee conduct, third-parties, technology, data, business processes, and controls. New Link Consulting advises its clients on the identification, assessment, modelling/measurement, monitoring and management of such risks.
By combining our expertise in the subject matter with exceptional change management skills, New Link Consulting can assist clients to deliver measurable results. We provide a collaborative partnership, where clients are central to our offering.
- Conduct Risk: Help organisations assess and evolve the value and benefits of a strong risk culture and conduct management framework, to ensure alignment with the firm’s business strategy and risk appetite
- Next Generation & Technology: Assist organisations to take advantage of innovative new technologies (e.g. machine learning and robotics) to better identify and manage their non-financial risks
- Non-Financial Risk Transformation: Interim management and change practitioners to transform how clients leverage people, technology, data, process and controls to address operational risk and drive enhanced business performance
- Risk Management Framework: Strengthen and align non-financial risk frameworks with evolving business and regulatory business areas
- Control Design & Improvement: Assess and design controls to maximise adequacy and effectiveness of business processes whilst balancing cost efficiency
- Control Governance: Provide a robust governance framework and develop management information to continuously monitor non-financial risks and control effectiveness
- Control Remediation: Identify remediation requirements and provide experienced consultants to prioritise and complete necessary remediation activities
- Risk / Control Testing & Assurance: Develop and execute effective risk and control assurance and testing frameworks to determine a client’s risk levels and identify areas for risk reduction
- Cyber Risk: Help firms stay vigilant and resilient to all forms of cyber risk, to reduce instances of financial loss, disruption or damage to the reputation while accessing opportunities presented by new technologies
- Programme & Project Management: New Link Consulting’s blend of practitioner expertise along with deliver and change management skills, enables us to tailor our deliveries to the explicit requirements of our client, enabling a collaborative approach to problem solving and the execution of complex change initiatives regarding Non-Financial Risk.
- Operating Model Design: Design and implement strategic Target Operating Models (TOM) for business functions and organisations, aligning to industry best practice. Assisting with offshoring activities ensuring smooth transition and implementation.
Our Latest Thinking
Established in 2011, our practitioner-led service offering combines deep industry knowledge, gained through years of direct experience, with innovative change management skills.