“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” (Confucius)
Our current vacancies are described below, if you are interested in any of them or just want to explore other career ideas, use the form below to make contact.
Consultant / Business Analyst (Ref: BAK)
Our Business Analyst (BA) Kinetics Programme is a two year programme which gives you an immersive, hands-on experience. You’ll develop an in-depth understanding and knowledge of business consulting, working on client projects with leading financial services institutions, as well as receiving formal training. Individuals join our BA Kinetics Programme at Analyst or Consultant Analyst level, depending on experience.
The programme consists of modules aligned to four core objective areas: financial & commercial skills, managing client relationships, creating a great company & culture, and developing personal skills (which will encompass training to support and build your financial services knowledge, technical skills and soft skills, as well as sponsorship to obtain an industry recognised certification).
These modules are designed to help you to develop across a number of areas and build your network, whilst supporting our business growth. You will be assessed by formal examinations, interviews, presentations and feedback on the materials you deliver.
During your time on the programme you will work on a number of different client assignments. We will ensure that you have the appropriate training and you’ll be part of a New Link Consulting team, specifically put together to ensure an optimal mix of skills and experience.
Your assignments will be great opportunities to develop your relationship management, influencing and stakeholder communication skills.
Assignments will generally be as part of a project delivery team, focusing on such areas as regulatory-driven transformation / remediation, risk and control optimisation, or target operating model design and implementation.
You will be supported by a career coach and an assignment lead. A career coach will provide mentorship and coaching and will work with you to develop your career goals, set objectives, identify development needs and build action plans.
An assignment lead will set your day-to-day deliverables while you are on an assignment and will liaise with your career coach to ensure that your individual development needs are met. Graduation from the scheme is a pre-requisite for promotion to the Senior Consultant grade.
The successful candidate will typically have 18 months to 4 years work experience in financial services, in a consultancy and / or financial institution (such as an investment bank, asset manager or clearing house). We are looking for individuals who display evidence of strong analytical skills and well developed communication and relationship building abilities.
We value people of all levels who demonstrate proactivity in terms of driving both their own career growth, as well as the development of others, in a collaborative way.
We are a young and entrepreneurial consultancy and look to work with dynamic people who bring innovative ideas to both New Link Consulting and our clients.
- Role Title: Analyst or Consultant Analyst (depending on experience) on BA Kinetics Programme.
- Salary & Benefits: dependent on experience, will be discussed during interview stage.
- Location: primarily based in London, although may be required to travel dependent on the specific client assignment.
- Travel: All our successful BA Kinetic applicants will have the opportunity to work abroad, to allow them to broaden their cultural knowledge and business experiences, which we see as key in the development of our people.
- Equal Opportunities: we are committed to providing equality of opportunity in all areas, whether in recruitment and selection, promotion or training and development.
Executive Assistant / Office Manager (Ref: EA)
New Link Consulting provides best-in-class consulting services to our clients in the Financial Services industry, including buy-side, sell–side and market intermediaries. We uniquely combine deep industry knowledge with change management skills to deliver our services, including Business Consulting, Industry Solutions and Managed Services.
Innovation is at the heart of what we do – from our core service delivery through to our approach to developing industry-wide solutions. Established in February 2012, we have grown rapidly, predominantly through organic growth.
To ensure we are equipped to handle the scale of growth, we require a confident Executive Assistant to provide efficient, organised and flexible support to our Partners, Business Management and Resourcing Teams. You will be working in a fast paced environment and therefore it is essential that the successful individual is pro-active, innovative and able to work well under pressure.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm providing valuable support to the key decision makers in the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills ‑ ability to establish rapport with Partners and staff
- Excellent working knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritise workload
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player
- Demonstrates confidentiality
- Ability to display initiative, proactivity and professionalism
- Management of two Managing Partners busy diaries and four Partner diaries ensuring Client meetings and New Link Consulting meetings do not clash
- Proactively advise Partners of upcoming diary events that they may need to prepare for and circulate any documentation 24 hours in advance
- Completion of expenses for all Managing Partners and Partners
- Meet with Partners regularly, travelling to Client side, to discuss requirements
- Diary Management assistance may be required on an ad hoc basis for senior team members
- Set quarterly Partner’s Planning Meetings, ensuring these are booked in advance, agendas are prepared along with logistics, resources and catering
- Attend monthly Board Meetings, taking minutes, booking meetings and providing resources, this will include managing the ‘bring forward’ process for all actions from the Board Meetings and get updates on progress in between meetings
- Set quarterly Partner’s Objectives Meetings and work with Business Management to ensure the necessary information is available for these meetings
- Arrange quarterly Townhall events, including venue booking, attendee lists, refreshments and co-ordination of supporting presentation materials
- Assist Social Committee in managing social events, sourcing venues and arranging the logistics including all annual events both locally and abroad.
- Work with the Employee Engagement Committee, taking minutes and helping to drive action points forward
- Book flights and travel itineraries where required to support client requirements, hotels, flights and car bookings where required
- Manage holiday and sickness reporting
- Be proactive to save money when ordering office supplies, working with new contracts for cleaning, building etc
- Management of office supplies, ordering, and storing appropriately. Proactively manage the office environment, liaising with Cleaners, building contractors where applicable
- Ad hoc Filing
- Process improvement – Manage and create new processes where required
- Assist with the development of and implementation of Business Continuity planning for all Perms and Associates
- Support Head of Talent Management in the organisation of training activities, for example: booking of venues, co-ordination of scheduling/attendees, preparation and distribution of materials, liaison with external vendors
- Support in organisation of other Talent Management related events as appropriate – for example, mid/end of year review discussion forums