Consulting Practice Area
“Our clients genuinely want to do the right thing in terms of financial crime prevention and detection. We work with them to fix past mistakes, reduce complexity and generate value by driving through efficiencies.”
Anti-Financial Crime (‘AFC’) challenges conventional approaches to activities like client on-boarding, transaction screening and monitoring and market surveillance. We work to find the best solutions, not only for our clients, but for all the stakeholders involved including regulators. Our key differentiator is that we combine our AFC industry expertise, gained from years of direct experience working in firms and advising regulators, with extensive change management skills.
By coupling deep AFC subject-matter expertise with our experience in operational design, business architecture, process improvement, project and programme delivery and technology deployment, we deliver lasting and proportionate, risk-based responses to regulatory requirements.
What We Do
We work with our clients to help diagnose challenges and ensure they have the appropriate systems and controls in place, to meet legal and regulatory requirements and to ensure they are protected from other threats. We then help our clients make the necessary changes using market insights, peer group comparisons and our experience in financial crime risk. It is key to us that we are able to optimise your systems and controls as well as the environment in which they operate to ensure effectiveness, sustainability, consistency and efficiency.
We offer a breadth of services to help you tackle issues around financial crime, which include:
- Governance & Culture: Help clients assess and evolve the value and benefits of a strong AFC culture, to ensure alignment with the firm’s business strategy and risk appetite.
- Risk Assessment: Help clients to identify and document inherent financial crime risks, assess control effectiveness and understand residual risks in their business, to underpin their risk-based approach and inform the design of appropriate and proportionate controls.
- Risk Management Framework: Strengthen and align AFC risk management frameworks with evolving legal and regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Control Design & Improvement: Assess and design controls to reflect the AFC risk assessment and to deliver the required AFC outcomes, maximising the adequacy and effectiveness of AFC controls and processes whilst balancing cost efficiency.
- AFC Training: Provide tailored training on all aspects of AFC ensuring that all levels of staff sufficiently trained to understand the regulations in relation to the duties they perform and what they need to do to manage financial crime risk.
- Control Testing & Assurance: Develop an effective AFC risk and control assurance-testing framework to demonstrate how the inherent AFC risks to business objectives are identified and managed.
- Next Generation Technology: Assist organisations to take advantage of innovative new technologies to better identify and manage their AFC risks.
- Programme & Project Management: New Link Consulting’s blend of practitioner expertise along with deliver and change management skills, enables us to tailor our deliveries to the explicit requirements of our client, enabling a collaborative approach to problem solving and the execution of complex change initiatives in the AFC space.
- Operating Model: Design and implement strategic Target Operating Models (‘TOM’) for business functions and organisations, aligning to industry best practice. Identifying opportunities to create operating efficiencies by focusing on reducing risk, increasing control and optimising efficiency through people, process and technology.
Our Latest Thinking
AFC & NFR Practice AnnouncementFebruary 21, 2019
Trader Controls: Managing Risks and Maintaining ReputationsMay 11, 2017
Read our insights into Anti-Financial Crime
Established in 2011, our practitioner-led service offering combines deep industry knowledge, gained through years of direct experience, with innovative change management skills.